- My life is likely to last 10 – 15 years. Please do not take me home if you do not think you can keep me this long. Any separation from you is likely to be very painful for me.
- Give me the time to understand what you want from me and I will give you the world.
- Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
- Please don’t be angry with me for long periods of time and don’t lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I only have you.
- Talk to me. Even if I can’t understand your words, I do understand your voice and tone when speaking to me.
- Be aware of how you treat me. I will never forget it and I wear my heart on my paw.
- Please think before you hit me or strike me, please remember I could bite you and hurt you and yet I choose not to.
- Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I’m not feeling well, maybe not getting the right food, or I’ve been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old and weak.
- Please take care of me when I get old. You too, will grow old one day and I’m sure you will want someone there to take care of you too.
- On the ultimate and difficult journey, please go with me. Never say you can’t bear to watch. Please don’t make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me when you are there, because I love you so.
Please take a moment today to thank GOD for your pets. Enjoy and take good care of them. Life would be a much duller, less joyful experience without our four legged family members and friends. We do not have to wait for heaven to be surrounded by hope, love and joyfulness. It is here on earth and has four legs!
Remember, they can’t do a lot of things for themselves and they depend on us to make their life a quality life!
This message is paws approved.